Thanksgiving is right around the corner – how will you make the most of these days with your family? We have some ideas for you!
- Clean through your toys. Have your kids share things they’re thankful for and favorite memories with specific toys. Then challenge your kids to pick a few toys to give to others. Donate the toys to the local Salvation Army or other agency.
- Spend some time doing a turkey craft or other fun Thanksgiving craft ideas.
- Spend some time outside in the neighborhood, going on a leaf hunt.
- Bring a homemade pie to a neighbor. Spend time making the pie and then pray for the neighbor as a family before you bring the pie over!
- Make some Thanksgiving placemats or table decorations to use during your dinner (or during dessert afterward!).
- Create a gratitude jar. Share your plans for the jar during Thanksgiving dinner, and then each day leading up to Christmas, have each child place a slip of paper in the jar with something they’re thankful for. During Christmastime, celebrate all that you’re thankful for together.
- Drink apple cider together and watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
Any of these ideas are great for the next week – what are your favorite things to do together during Thanksgiving time?